Pit Zone Do's and Don'ts
The Pit Zone is our team tent on race day. We have a very limited amount of space there, so please review this so you know what to bring and what not to bring. Generally speaking, if it's not on the "Everyone" list but you want to bring it, leave it in your car.
Everyone should bring
- 1 camp chair per racer (we have 23 racers signed up!)
- the stuff you need to ride and stay warm
- your personal food.
- your bike (of course)
- Generally, keep your stuff neat, and clean up after yourself so the space is functional for those who haven't raced yet.
- Don't leave your stuff in a camp chair when you are not in it. (jackets on chair backs are ok)
- Do your personal cleaning up and changing at your car, and leave all the stuff you need for that in the car.
- Once the JV/Varsity race starts, things will relax a lot.
Many riders like to warm up on the road, and that works quite well at Ft Ord since there is a road that is closed to car traffic. For those who like to use trainers, we will have 4 available. This is not enough for everyone, but still don't bring additional trainers, I'm pretty sure we won't have room for them.
Most of us have bike tools, bike stands, and bike pumps.
- DO bring them with you for pre-ride and overnight tweaks and maintenance at your hotel.
- DO NOT bring them to the Pit Zone! (leave them in your car)